Give Your Mom the Gift of a Day in New York This Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day is a day often celebrated with brunch and flowers with a special mother in your life. This year, consider something more when you’re in New York City. There are so many ways to show your mom just how much you love her, but one of the best ways is to spend a beautiful day exploring New York together. (Grab a map of the city so you can park in the most convenient location for your day.)
Walking New York
The list of things to do in New York is endless, but there is no place quite like NYC when it comes to walking. Mother’s Day can be extra special for you and your mom when you get out and enjoy the city up close and personal by walking. Some of the best walking experiences you might want to try this Mother’s Day in New York include:
- Take a walking tour of murals around Brooklyn or other boroughs.
- Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge to Manhattan or vice versa.
- Stroll through any of the many farmer’s markets in and around the city.
- Visit the Brooklyn Botanical Garden and enjoy the beautiful blooms for Mother’s Day.
- Wander through Prospect Park and relax with a picnic.
Mother’s Day Brunch or Dinner Around New York
You will have no shortage of Mother’s Day brunch venues. Some to consider include:
- Brunch cruise or dinner cruise off Pier 36
- Champagne brunch sail around New York Harbor
- Top of the Rock where you can experience the breathtaking views of the city as you dine
New York is home to art museums to suit most any taste. Some of them include:
- Museum of Arts and Design (maybe have lunch at Robert on the museum property)
- American Folk Art Museum
- The Met Cloisters
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The Museum at FIT
More Ideas for Mother’s Day in New York
- Lean back and relax when you take a carriage ride around Central Park.
- Take in a show on or off Broadway.
- Spend the night in luxury at one of NYC’s swankiest hotels like Arlo Midtown, The Plaza New York, or The Bowery Hotel or so many others.
- Take a jazz cruise on a classic yacht.
- Shop ’til you drop from City Opera Thrift Shop to Chanel.
- Participate or watch the 5K Mother’s Day Half in Rockaway Park.
- If you need a breather, you can take the tram over to Roosevelt Island where you can enjoy the view from 64 steps up to the top of the lighthouse.
Reach out to us at Icon Parking for information on where to park while you celebrate Mother’s Day or all year long around New York City. This Mother’s Day, give your mom memories to last a lifetime.